At the Uyghur Projects Foundation, we seek to empower individuals to engage in effective, meaningful giving. We appeal to various human rights and humanitarian organizations in the US and around the world to financially help out the Uyghurs in diaspora in their struggles to save the Uyghur language, and preserve and promote the Uyghur culture, thus save the Uyghurs as a people. By planning for the continuation of philanthropy into the future with permanent endowments combined with current giving, we seek to ensure financial resources for the continued vitality of Uyghur groups and projects that promote the awareness of the world on the Uyghur values, Uyghur identity and Uyghurs’ current crisis, save the Uyghur language, sustain and promote the Uyghur culture, and that way benefit all the people including the Uyghur communities around the world.
Uyghurs is a distinct people with unique language and biocultural
characteristics. For centuries, Uyghur culture has kept a unique way
of expressing the essence of different religions, cultures and
civilizations that have crossed its path. By being important
contributors to the cultures of Central Asia and the ancient Silk
Road, Uyghur artists always have carried their cultural heritage
through their music, dance, theatre, poetry, craftsmanship, and
other forms of expression. Uyghur culture and art have touched
millions of hearts, taking inspiration and paying it forward. Uyghur
culture is an example of mutual understanding and continuous
exchange between great minds through historical roads. It is fair to
say that Uyghurs have been one of the important contributors to the
linguistic, cultural and biological diversities in the world for
Unfortunately, over time, and especially recently under the communist Chinese leader Xi Jinping, everything about Uyghurs has met with a danger of coming to an end. Unless something is done by Uyghur diaspora and the world communities, the Uyghurs in East Turkestan may not be able to survive from the current cultural, physical and ethnic genocide, the atrocities being perpetrated by the communist Chinese government. Therefore, we, a group of highly educated Uyghur intellectuals and professionals living in the US and in other countries around the world, came together and founded this Uyghur Projects Foundation (UPF). Our decision is based on our belief that by giving right and practical guidance to Uyghur diaspora and building sound relationships with right-minded humanitarian and human rights institutions in the US and around the word, we can pool their philanthropic resources together and with that fund some projects that help save the Uyghur language as well as preserve and promote the Uyghur culture in Uyghur diaspora.
The Foundation is a non-profit, charitable organization that is tax-exempt under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code. Therefore, a donor’s charitable contribution to Uyghur Projects Foundation is deductible to the fullest extent of the law.
WHY SUPPORT US?
If you’re looking to create the greatest positive impact on the fate of a people you care about most, we offer flexibility and expertise for meaningful and effective giving. Here are some reasons why the Uyghur Projects Foundation is the perfect choice:
- High standard. The UPF board members, officers, and supporting members take pride in their outstanding and proven reputation for ethical standard, reliability, transparency, confidentiality, integrity and service in carrying out various activities including intellectual, social and cultural activities.
- Maximum tax benefits. The Foundation is a non-profit, charitable organization that is tax-exempt under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code. Therefore, a donor’s charitable contribution to Uyghur Projects Foundation is deductible to the fullest extent of the law.
- Security. The responsibility for employing effective strategies to carry out the Foundation’s mission rests with its Board of Directors. The Directors determine overall fund-raising and project-funding policies, and the remaining pool of Uyghur intellectuals, professionals and UPF members oversea UPF’s overall health. By doing that, UPF guarantees that generated fund is used in most effective way in projects that are needed the most. All of the board members and officers of the UPF are volunteers; none of them seeks any financial compensation for the work he or she does, except the reimbursement of the cost of trips made for fund-raising and attending to some Uyghur project activities funded by the Foundation.
- Strategic philanthropic services. Our extensive knowledge of the local, national and international Uyghur community is at your fingertips. Our experienced board members, officers and supporting members are ready to support you and your client’s charitable giving interests.
- Donor services. Courteous, knowledgeable and responsive board members, officers and supporting members are always ready to answer questions and concerns – of individuals, organizations and professional advisors — and will turn challenges into opportunities, ensuring prompt attention to donor needs. We believe in a donor-centered approach to giving, and we are here to help create your vision.
- Flexibility and simplicity. Donors are able to contribute in any name they choose, for the charitable purposes they choose. With many money-sending methods available through the Foundation, solutions can be tailored to meet donors’ specific needs, visions and objectives.
- Recognition or anonymity. You and your family may choose to receive open recognition or remain anonymous.
- Legacy. With the Foundation, you can create an Uyghur legacy for your family and for the causes you value — from generation to generation.
- Effective leadership and accountability. Our Board of Directors serves as the governing body of the Uyghur Projects Foundation. The Directors oversee operations, set policies and make final decisions on all grant awards. It is the Board’s responsibility to ensure that distributions made from the funds the Foundation holds are in keeping with donors’ wishes and address the challenges that face our nation and our people back home, as well as the Uyghurs in diaspora as it changes and grows.
- Values-driven philanthropy. Giving is about values. These values lie at the heart of each relationship the Uyghur Projects Foundation has with its donors. Values are central to the process of creating a philanthropic vision that puts the fate and the interest of the Uyghur people above everything else.
BOARD OF DIRECTORS AND OFFICERS (2019 – 2021)
President: Dr. Erkin Sidick
Secretary: D. Uyghur
Treasurer: Dr. R. A. S.
Board of Directors:
Dr. Erkin Sidick (Chairman of the Board)
Dr. Memet Emin
Dr. Memet Tash
Dr. Mohammed Ibrahim